“Andrea is an amazing agent who will help you win in our competitive market. Andrea was a critical part of our home buying dream team, and months later, we still don’t understand how she was able to help us land our wonderful home. If you don’t want to read the rest of this gushing review, here’s the punchline – choose Andrea as your agent because it will be the best decision you make during the home buying process.
Since we were first-time buyers, we did a lot of research before finding an agent- we understood our budget thanks to our stellar mortgage lender, we went to 30+ open houses in the Seattle-Shoreline-Edmonds-LFP area to understand what we were looking for, and researched several agents before meeting Andrea. In other words, by the time we met with her, we knew the type of agent we needed and wanted- and she was it. Throughout the process, we were in awe of her ability to do it all while being so positive and bubbly. She negotiated, advised, and provided a LOT of therapy. It is extremely difficult to summarize everything that Andrea did for us and how strongly we feel about her both professionally and personally, but here are the highlights of our experience with her:
- Clients First – We couldn’t fathom waiving the inspection, and she supported our choice 100%. I’m sure that this is something that can be used if needed and/or you’re okay with it. But we weren’t. Not only that, Andrea was confident in her abilities to get the job done without using this as a bargaining chip- and she did.
- Navigator and Master Negotiator – Andrea helped guide us through a back-up offer on the house (incredibly stressful), negotiated for a roof that needed to be replaced, talked us through water damage in the basement, and negotiated for an old water heater and an old furnace.
- Goes the Extra Mile, and then Some – We had a last-minute hiccup with a shared driveway that delayed closing, but we desperately wanted out of our rental at the end of the month. Andrea arranged for us to “rent” our new house for a few days before we closed. This was a tremendous relief for us emotionally and financially.
- Available and communicative – Andrea is ultra-responsive to calls and text messages. Not only that, she let us know what was happening each and every step of the way.
- Adviser/Therapist – I was out of the state when the seller was reviewing offers on the house. The seller wanted us to come up in price (by a very small amount) to meet another offer, but my husband and I were nervous about the water damage in the basement. Andrea talked me through it over the phone for an hour (probably longer). She let me go back-and-forth, not once pressuring me for an answer, or making me feel like the amount of money was negligible, she gave me her full attention and time. At the end of the call we decided to move forward and meet the other offer, and I’m so grateful that we did.
- Fun, Energetic, Easy to Work With – Needless to say, we absolutely adore Andrea. She has a positive and realistic way of approaching everything. We appreciated her honesty, integrity, and ability to get things done.”
– Kirsten Kopta
“We were first-time home buyers and Jarl & Andrea really made the experience great! They were patient, gave honest opinions, very knowledgeable, and we always felt they had our best interests in mind. We could always get ahold of them and they were prompt about sending us new houses to consider, setting up appointments for viewings, and anything else we needed. They make a great team and we will definitely be referring them to friends and family as well as looking for them again when we decide to make a move in the future.”
– Liz & Les
“I was looking to buy my first home when I was lucky enough to be referred to Andrea through another agent.
I would say my situation was pretty straight forward and given this was my first time buying a house, I wanted to approach it very pragmatically. Andrea was completely understanding of my way of thinking and as well as my limits regarding price, location, etc.
Each time we looked at homes, I was comfortable enough with her to be honest regarding my views and feelings on the place. Often times we found ourselves having the same sentiments regarding a place. I even felt comfortable enough to ask her to stand in for me during a home inspection when I couldn’t be do to a scheduling conflict I couldn’t change.
When I finally entered into contract negotiations for my eventual first home, Andrea helped guide me through the process and explained each step that was going to happen as this was the area I was least prepared for. If you are looking for help to buy a home, whether it is your first (like me) or subsequent, I cannot recommend Andrea enough. I was very lucky she was agent and I look forward to when she and I will get to work together again.”